wc 13th November
UPDATING THE SCHOOL WEBSITE PHOTOGRAPHS AND PROVIDING ARBOR CONSENT
The website photographs need a refresh and we have an exciting opportunity to get them updated thanks to Caroline Pocock of Fable Photography (https://www.fable-photography.co.uk/) Thank you Caroline for offering your free time and helping the school!
Please can all parents review the new Arbor consent regarding the use of their child's photograph on the school website. The school need to be able to easily identify and exclude those children whose parents decline. Please do not leaving it pending, please either accept or decline.
Please can all parents address this consent by Friday 1st December. Many thanks.
THE WEEKLY PARISH POST NEWSLETTER AND COMMUNICATIONS PROCESS
Dear parents and carers,
We would like to remind you of the process school follows to communicate with parents and carers. This process aims to streamline and minimise the number of separate emails and communications parents receive, making it as simple and straight forward as possible.
- Every Friday whole school, year group and/or class communications are uploaded to the school website and can be found under News and Events/Letters home to parents 2023 - 24.
- Every Friday the Parish Post (the weekly school newsletter) is uploaded to the school website and can be found under News & Events/Parish Post Newsletter or using the Parish Post Newsletter icon on the website home page.
- Every Friday parents receive a “Parish Post Newsletter & weekly comms” email containing links and signposts to the Parish Post Newsletter and that week’s letters.
- Parents need to remember that Friday is ‘comms day’ and it is your responsibility to either pick up the links in the weekly ‘Parish Post Newsletter & weekly comms’ email or proactively look at the website.
- Occasionally there will be exceptions to this rule, e.g., informing of head-lice /chickenpox and there will be cases when emails must be sent directly on a different day of the week.
- Teachers will continue emailing individual parents directly if they need to. Please remember if you email a teacher, they do have 48 working hours to respond.
- Class Reps should not be relied upon to cascade information already communicated by school and that can be found on the website. Class Reps should only be sending messages regarding reminders and requesting volunteers.
Your cooperation in making sure you always read the Parish Post and the letters is appreciated, as it is important parents/carers are always aware of what is happening in the school community.
NATIONAL ONLINE SAFETY
WHAT PARENT AND CARERS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SMART TV'S