Home School Agreement
Home and School Agreement
Reigate Parish Church Primary School is a Church of England school which is part of the wider
Christian community. The school benefits from strong links with the local parish church of St Mary’s Church and the support of the Southwark Diocesan Board of Education.
The school’s vision is “all children reach to achieve their best.”
The following agreement supports this partnership in the interests of our children.
As a school
- We promote responsibility by encouraging and modelling positive behaviours, values and a sense of community.
- We have a clear School Behaviour Policy and Anti-Bullying Policy that underpins all we do.
- We provide clear communications and let the parents know of any concerns or problems that might affect your child/ren’s learning, behaviour or well-being.
- We provide regular parents’ consultation meetings to review your child/ren’s progress.
- We will try to respond to emails within 48 hours of receiving a message.
- We engage your child/ren in their learning and school community by providing a fun, creative and exciting curriculum.
- We will make sure your child/ren reach to achieve their best in all areas of the curriculum.
- We will plan, differentiate, support, challenge and give feedback to ensure all children make progress.
- We ensure that all children are adventurous in their learning by ‘pushing themselves’ and trying new things together.
- We will develop these skills through their “Secrets of Success” so that they can embrace all the opportunities they are given.
- We will provide a wide range of opportunities in school and through clubs, visits, visitors and residentials to develop the skills as the children move through the school.
- We will help your child/ren to use creativity to problem solve, develop a love for learning and approach work with a smile.
- We will develop their ability to push themselves. use their imagination and work hard.
- We will work with all the children to understand the importance of telling the truth.
- We encourage children to talk to an adult straight away in school if they are worried about something.
- We let the parents know of any concerns or problems that might affect be impacting on your child/ren’s learning, behaviour or well-being.
As a parent at Reigate Parish I/we will:
- Support my child/ren at home by ensuring they come to school in the correct uniform with everything s/he needs
- Read and engage with school communications, be mindful on social media
- Regularly attend parents’ consultation meetings to review my child/ren’s progress.
- Inform the school immediately of any absence.
- Ensure the school is notified of any change in emergency contact numbers.
- Engage my child/ren in their learning and school community by providing learning support at home (homework, reading)
- Attend school meetings and make sure that my child/ren attends school every day, on time and ready to learn.
- Know that holidays will/should be taken term time only.
- Inform the school of any worries or concerns as soon as they arise so we can work in partnership to solve the issue.
- Ensure that my child/ren is adventurous in their learning by ‘pushing themselves’ and trying new things together out of school.
- Seek and encourage my child/ren to embrace all the opportunities they are given.
- Support the school community by helping in school/ PTA when I can.
- Help my child/ren to use creativity to problem solve, develop a love for learning and approach work in school with a smile.
- Creative in helping with homework and routines that are appropriate for my child/ren.
- Support my child/ren to be safe online.
- Promote responsibility to my child/ren by encouraging and modelling positive behaviours, values and a sense of community making sure that I/we support the school’s Behaviour Policy and Vison.
- Work with my child/ren to understand the importance of telling the truth.
- Help my child/ren to talk to an adult straight away in school if they are worried about something.
- Let the school know of any concerns or problems that might affect my child/ren’s learning, behaviour or well-being.
As a Pupil:
- I am always kind and polite to others.
- I am responsible and treat other people as I would like to be treated.
- I respect people’s ideas, feelings and property.
- I respect the school building and outside area
- I wear my school uniform with pride.
- I follow the school’s Behaviour Policy and Anti-Bullying Policy.
- I am ready to learn.
- I concentrate on my class work and always do my best.
- I apply my Secrets of Success to help me and if I am finding things tricky.
- I come to school on time, with the things I need.
- I always try my best.
- I listen to others when they talk.
- I try new things with my learning.
- I enjoy school trips and I go on the residentials.
- I join an after school club.
- I do my reading and homework at home.
- I am creative and try and problem solve.
- I am imaginative.
- I talk about school at home.
- By my actions, I make sure other children feel happy and safe.
- I am honest and tell a member of staff if I am worried or unhappy.
- I tell my parents if I am worried or unhappy about something.
- I let others in my class get on with their learning
YOU MUST ALSO now go into Arbor to confirm you have read and agreed with this document